Sweet & Tangy Teriyaki Wings
After a lot of trial and error we have come up with a perfect, umami combination of sweet, salty, and tangy teriyaki sauce... plus, it is keto friendly and low carb! Come back and let us know how you liked it... and, if you didn't, that's okay too, we still want to hear from you.
- 12-20 wings cooked party wings and drummies
- 4 ounces salted butter 1/2 stick
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup unsweetened ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar Swerve
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Chicken WingsPreheat oven to 420 degrees (we live at a high elevation, lower elevations may need to lower to 375-400 degrees). We then use paper towels to dry our chicken wings. Once the skin is nice and dry we then spray a light coat of oil (olive, avocado, etc.). We then season them with sea salt, black pepper, powdered onion, powdered garlic, and paprika. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, until skin is crisp and browned.
- SaucePlace butter in medium skillet or pan and gently melt butter. Add rest of ingredients to melted butter. Use a whisk to combine ingredients and allow to gently simmer until the ingredients begin to thicken slightly. Once wings are finished baking add 1/4 of the sauce, allow to cool to a safe eating temperature, then enjoy.
Nutrition Facts are based on 1/4 of the final sauce recipe. Here are the nutrition facts for 1/4 of the sauce and 12 party wings: Calories 237, 12 party wings adds 429 calories Total Fat 22 grams, 12 party wings adds 30.9 grams Carbs 7.4 grams, 12 party wings adds 0 Protein 0.1 grams, 12 party wings adds 36 grams Note: we do not count Swerve into the nutrition facts because it is a sugar alcohol with zero net carbs. If you would like the full carb count, please plug in all ingredients to your favorite Keto app and you should come up with the correct amount. Remember you are only consuming about 1/4 of the final sauce mixture.