The directions for this recipe come from a 1930s Westinghouse oven manual. When purchasing your spinach, be sure to select young, fresh spinach. The cooking time will be longer with older spinach. This dish is lovely tossed with a touch of sea salt and organic, grass-fed butter and served with a lemon slice.
- 2 bunches fresh, young spinach
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 slice of lemon
- Remove stems and clean spinach bunches. DO NOT DRY, this is very important, you want the leaves to be wet.
- Place in a pot, on medium heat, and allow to gently steam for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and toss with sea salt and butter, to taste. Both of these are optional.
- Serve with a slice of lemon.