Philly Cheesesteak Omelet
Keto compliant Philly Cheesesteak Omelet recipe! Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!! Who says eggs are only for breakfast?!Print Recipe
- 1 pound shaved sirloin or ribeye steak ribeye gives a better result
- 1 green pepper cleaned and cut into thin slices
- 1 onion yellow or sweet, cleaned and cut into thin slices
- 1-2 Tablespoons grass-fed butter ghee, bacon fat, or avocado oil (bacon fat is the bomb!)
- Pink sea salt
- Black pepper
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Dash of hot sauce optional
- Parsley fresh or dried
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet or electric skillet gently melt the fat/butter/oil of your choice.
- On med-high heat add meat, peppers, and onions
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once cooked thoroughly and the peppers and onions are slightly caramelized, remove all from heat.
- Turn heat down slightly, about medium so the eggs will gently cook.
- Combine eggs, heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper, and dash of hot sauce, whip until well combined.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and smooth out so it is flat.
- Cover with lid so the top cooks but keep an eye on it so it does not overcook or burn (this part is a little tricky and may take practice)
- Across the middle and on top of the eggs place 3 slices of provolone cheese,
- Now place meat mixture (keeping in the middle), then the remaining 3 slices of provolone cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- Place lid so that cheese melts, should only take a minute or so.
- Turn heat off then roll up one side of egg mixture on top of meat mixture, press down so it adheres to the cheese.
- Now roll up other side and press on top of the egg to form a burrito like shape. Roll omelet over and sprinkle top with sea salt, black pepper, and parsley!
- Serve with a little Avocado mayo (we like Primal Kitchen brand) and enjoy!
*Many butchers are able to shave cuts of sirloin roast or ribeye roast for you.
**Macronutrients are based on grassfed ribeye, grassfed butter for the fat option, 1 cup yellow onion, and a medium sized green pepper
1 serving equals 1 of 6 equal pieces of the complete omelet
Serving: 1g | Calories: 215kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 14.3g | Fat: 15.8g