Peppy Peppermint Chocolates
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooling Periods: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 22 pieces
These chocolates are perfect when you are craving little bites of peppermint heaven! At just 1.4 net carbs (2.2 g total) you can indulge a little without feeling guilty. You could put 4 in a little chocolate box to give as a gift to a friend or co-worker. You could take one or two to a party so you can enjoy a little sweet treat with the rest of the guests. You could also use a few to decorate the top of a birthday cake! So many possibilities. We love that they are quick and easy to make and hope you enjoy!
Place in Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups coconut shreds, unsweetened small shreds
- In a small saucepan gently, on low heat water, Xanthan gum, sweetener, and coconut oil. Once coconut oil melts and mixture has thickened, remove from heat.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint extract and powdered erythritol (we like Swerve).
- In a medium mixing bowl, add 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes (make sure you get the SMALL shreds) and pour in thickened peppermint mixture. Use a spatula and stir to combine.
- Mold into 1 tablespoon shapes of your choice. Ours made 22 shapes. We used this round silicone mold for ours.
- Place in freezer for approx. 1 hour.
- While candies are hardening, about 5 minutes before they hit the 1-hour mark, make the chocolate coating.
- In a saucepan gently heat coconut oil and butter. Heat on low until melted and you can see steam coming up -- do not boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Remove peppermint candies from mold and coat each one. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and stick in freezer for about 20 minutes.Enjoy!
1.4 net carbs per chocolate
Fat 8.3 g
Sodium 9.2 mg
Carb 2.2 g
Fiber 0.8 g
Fiber 0.8 g
Protein 0.6 g
Silicone Mold: click here to purchase from Amazon
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 55kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.2g | Protein: 0.6g | Fat: 8.3g | Sodium: 9.2mg | Fiber: 0.8g