Peanut Butter Candy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Set up: 1 hour
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 48 pieces
I've literally made a version of this about 12 times trying to nail it! I finally did and now am sharing with all of you! This has everything you are hoping for... creamy, sweet, chocolatey, and does not crumble! It is the perfect balance of flavors. It is also wonderful for making buckeyes for the holidays! Bookmark or print this recipe so you'll always have it handy. Be sure to come back and let me know how you liked it.
Peanut Butter Fudge
- Gently melt butter (stovetop or microwave, whichever you prefer). Remove from heat.
- Add in peanut butter, vanilla, whey, and powdered Swerve (or powdered erythritol), and sea salt. Mix hard until it is well combined.
- Pour peanut butter fudge into a 12 x 16 cookie sheet with, at least, a 1-inch lip around the pan. We line ours with parchment paper.
- Gently warm the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl. Remove from heat and add the chocolate chips. Allow to sit for about 30 seconds so the chocolate chips can melt. Stir to combine.
- Add vanilla and room temp (or melted) butter and powdered Swerve. Stir to combine and pour over peanut butter fudge.
- Place in refrigerator and allow to set up for, at least, an hour. The longer it sets up the better it tastes and holds together. We find it is the best the following day.
When cut into 48 equal pieces each piece comes out to just 1 g net carb!
We absolutely love this cookie sheet and use it especially for making our peanut butter candy.
Important Note: You can make just the peanut butter part and serve as peanut butter fudge -- so, so good!
This is not something I would make on a regular basis but would be fantastic for holiday events! You can definitely make Southern Buckeyes out of these.
We do not include the carbs from sugar alcohol sweeteners (such as Swerve, Lakanto, or Erythritol), as they have zero net carbs and have been shown to not raise blood sugar levels.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 87kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Sodium: 12mg | Fiber: 1g