Low Carb Crispy Roasted Radishes
Prep Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours 20 minutes
Servings: 4 servings
Roasted radishes are an absolute delight! Especially for those following a low-carb or Keto lifestyle. We found this specific process produces the best roasted radishes we've had thus far. The process begins early in the day, does not take a lot of your time, just time to allow them to dry out completely after performing a pre-boil. So worth it!Print Recipe
- Start process early in the day.
- Remove tops and snip bottoms from each radish in each of the 3 bunches.
- Wash, trim, and half each radish.
- Place halved radishes in a large pot with about 1 Tbsp sea salt.
- Bring to a boil and allow to gently boil for about 10-15 minutes. (From the time I set mine on the stove until finished is approx. 20 minutes, total time will depend on how quickly or slowly it takes the water to come to a boil)
- Drain radishes and allow to sit in a large strainer for about an hour. I then take them out of the strainer and set on a couple of layers of paper towels and let them dry out completely. Usually about another hour or so.
- About an hour or more before you are ready to roast the radishes, season them with the seasonings stated above. Be careful to not use too much salt as they boiled in salt water. A light coat is fine. Preheat oven to either 400 or 450 degrees (400 degrees for low altitude, 450 for high altitude).
- Spread olive oil on parchment paper (we use parchment paper for easy clean up), light layer of oil. Add seasoned radishes and roast in a preheated 400-450 degree oven for approx. 50-60 minutes. (400 degrees for low altitude, 450 for high altitude).
- Remove from oven, lightly sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and serve. (we put ours back in the oven for a few minutes, this is optional)
1 serving, about 8 radishes (16 halves), 2 net carbs per serving. 95 calories, 8.3 fat, 621 sodium, 3.5 g carbs, 1.5 grams fiber (2 g net carbs), protein 2.6 g
Serving: 16halves | Calories: 95kcal | Carbohydrates: 3.5g | Protein: 2.6g | Fat: 8.3g | Fiber: 1.5g