Lovely Little Lemon Cakes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 18 cakes
These little lemon-shaped cakes are perfectly moist and bursting with flavor. Only 1.5 net carbs per little lemon cake!!! Even our non-Keto lifestyle living friends were begging for the recipe... and, more!! Oh, and let's not forget the glaze! So much lemony flavor!! You are going to love this one!
- You will need to get this lemon pan! It is so perfect for making these awesome little lemon cakes! Click this link to purchase the lemon pan.Need a citrus rind zester/grater? Click this link to get the one we use in our test kitchen (we purchased ours in 2012 and it still looks and works like new).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a mixer bowl, combine butter, erythritol, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Gradually increase mixer to thoroughly combine ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add eggs, ONE AT A TIME, mixing lightly after each egg.
- Add vanilla and mayo and mix briefly to combine.
- Add all dry ingredients to mixer bowl and mix until all ingredients combine into a smooth batter.
- Place approx. 1/4 cup of batter into each lemon mold section. You should have enough batter to fill the pan once and then enough to fill half of the pan for the second batch.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven for approximately 32-36 minutes, bake until a toothpick comes out clean
- While the cakes are baking, make the glaze. In a small bowl combine lemon juice, powdered Swerve, and warm-hot water. Set aside.
- Remove cakes from oven, turn upside down onto a cooling rack, spread apart and turn them so the flat side is facing down on the cooling rack.
- While cakes are still warm-hot, glaze each one. Remember to leave some glaze for the next batch of 6 little lemon cakes.
- Repeat steps to bake the next 6 little cakes.
These are just 1.5 g of net carbs per each little lemon cake! Once completely cooled place the cakes in a storage container or gallon zip lock baggie. Enjoy with a nice, perfectly warmed cup of coffee!
We included the link to the lemon pan and citrus zester in the instructions for this recipe. The pan is amazing, we did not grease the cups, and the cakes just slid right out! Treat it with care, handwash only, and it should last you a very long time. Great quality.
Serving: 1cake | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.8g | Protein: 4.4g | Fat: 20.7g | Sodium: 184mg | Fiber: 12.3g
Look how moist!