Keto Chocolate Glazed Donuts
Look at that picture! It resembles a chocolate glazed donut from an establishment we just won't mention right now!! While it does look like it, these donuts are more cake-like because, let's face it, getting close to a glutenous-yeasty texture is pretty impossible in the Keto lifestyle, especially when you are Celiac and cannot have any form of gluten. If you are gluten-free, grain-free, and low-carb these little gems are just for you!! The chocolate glaze is off-the-hook, ah-maze-ing!! Plus, they are super quick to make!! Go on and give it a try!! Don't forget to order your donut pan, link in the ingredients, instructions, and notes below.
- 1 donut pan
- 1 cup butter room temp
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips Lily's
- 1 cup Swerve powdered
- 1/4 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place all wet ingredients in a mixer bowl and gradually increase speed. Whip/Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add all dry ingredients to mixing bowl. Gradually increase speed and mix until smooth like cake batter but a little thicker.
- Scoop or use your clean hands to place batter into each donut cup. The batter will rise while it is baking.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 30-35 minutes. Ours took exactly 32 minutes.
- While donuts are baking make the chocolate glaze. Place heavy whipping cream in a saucepan and gently heat until it steams but does not boil.
- Remove from heat and pour into a small-medium mixing bowl. Quickly add chocolate chips and butter. Stir until it all melts and combines. Add powdered Swerve. Add warm water to glaze mixture.
- Immediately dip donuts into the chocolate glaze (if glaze becomes too thick, try stirring, if that does not work return to saucepan and heat gently or pop in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, you do not want to burn your chocolate so be careful)
- Repeat steps for additional 6 donuts. Allow donuts to cool before consuming. We hope you enjoy!
We do not count the carbs in erythritol or Swerve, as they are sugar alcohols and do not affect blood sugars. Each glazed donut equals just 1.2 g of net carbs!! *Note: we calculated the chocolate glaze separate from the donuts because we only used about 1/3 of the batch. We calculated the servings as a total of 54 servings (18 x 3). Hopefully, that gave us the correct macro values but if you find you used more then just add a half-whole carb, as needed.