Keto Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookie
Two words... they spread when baking!! And, just in case you are new to Keto... This. Is. Huge! I cannot wait for you to try them! Come back and let me know how it worked out for you. Oh, and the taste is on point! Even my non-Keto friends and neighbor said, "This is it! I have to have the recipe!"
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Classic Sweetener
- 1 cup Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup whey powder
- 2 1/2 tsp gelatin unflavored
- 1 stick butter, melted yes, a second one
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips Lily's
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, vanilla, and sweeteners. Using a fork mix ingredients together until well combined. Slowly add the melted butter. Stirring after each addition of the butter. Make sure the butter is not so hot as to "cook" the eggs.
- Next add almond flour, whey, and gelatin. Stir to combine. Slowly add in melted butter and continue mixing.
- Now add xanthan gum, baking soda, and a dash of sea salt. Mix gently to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips until well combined.
- Make 36 evenly sized cookies, placing them on a parchment paper, or silicone mat lined baking sheet. These will spread so leave room between them. We actually made 18 huge cookies because I was not expecting them to spread! This was a new recipe I was trying and it came out WAY better than I ever imagined!!
- Baking time will depend on your altitude. Ours took right at 13 minutes. We live at a high altitude. Lower altitudes may take less time, begin checking around the 7-8 minute mark. The edges will appear slightly browned and the middle may appear as it is not done. It is done. You do not want to over bake these. These are not the kind of cookies you eat immediately out of the oven. They must, must, must set up for, at least, 10-15 minutes.
Nutrition Macros are based on 36 cookies from 1 batch of this recipe. We did not include the macros from the Lakanto as this is a sugar alcohol and has no effect on blood sugar levels. Lakanto is zero net carbs. These cookies end up being less than 1 net carb (0.7g) per cookie!