Hamburger Bun, Low Carb, Keto Friendly
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 12 buns
This is it! This recipe took a lot of time and patience to perfect but I've nailed it! This is a soft and delicious Keto friendly, low carb hamburger bun! It holds up just fine to mayo and no-sugar-added ketchup. Don't forget to add some lettuce and a thinly sliced heirloom tomato! Break out the grill and get ready for BBQ season!!Print Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk together eggs and cream of tartar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until frothy.
- Add cream cheese and butter and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Add flour, whey, arrowroot, baking powder, Xanthan gum, and sea salt. Whisk until it becomes like wet dough.
- Using a spatula fold in mozzarella cheese (the recipe works best and tastes best with a good quality organic mozzarella cheese)
- With oiled hands gather up dough and shape into a ball. You will want it to fit cupped in the palm of your hand. Slightly bigger than a ping pong ball. Ours makes 12 even dough balls pressed down into a silicon pan that is made especially for hamburger buns (click to view the one we used).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Hamburger Bun Pan >> click/touch here to view the one we used Nutritional Information for 1 bun out of 12 total buns from 1 batch of this recipe 254 calories Fat 21 g Sodium. 359 mg Protein. 12 g Carbs 8 g Fiber 1 g NET CARBS: 7 g per bun
Serving: 1bun | Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 21g | Sodium: 359mg | Fiber: 1g