Dandelion Hot Cocoa
This cocoa is just heavenly! If you've ever had the pleasure of tasting roasted dandelion "coffee" you'll understand just how rich this hot cocoa recipe can be... it is a great way to kick the coffee habit, as well.
- 1 tbsp dandelion root powder
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup cream or non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tbsp erythritol
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Simmer dandelion root powder and cocoa powder in 3 cups water, simmer mixture gently for approximately 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the dandelion and cocoa mixture, stir to combine.
Fat totals for macros will depend on which type of creamer or non-dairy milk you add to your cocoa. We recommend adding either heavy whipping cream or coconut cream so you have a good balance of fats. Dandelion root is known to support the kidneys and liver. Read more about the health benefits of dandelion on our blog post here.