Coconut Fudge Cake
This is a recipe we use often for special events. It is a perfect dessert to ease those chocolate cravings, it is good on its own, or you can frost with a cream cheese frosting and top with a few strawberries. Quick to make and versatile! We think you'll love it. Only 2.6 net carbs per piece!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder *see note below
- 1/2 cup water, room temp or cold
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered Swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder *see note below
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F for low altitude and 370 degree F for high altitude
- Line a 9 inch round or 8 inch square pan with parchment paper OR grease the pan if not using parchment paper
- *very important: if using dutch processed cocoa powder do not use the baking powder
- Gently warm heavy whipping cream, once it is nice and hot (not boiled, do not use high heat) remove from heat and add chocolate chips and allow them to melt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except eggs. Mix to combine and then add eggs and combine.
- Use a spatula to place batter into baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes. Time will depend on your altitude, oven, and pan size. Watch for the batter to gently pull away from the side of the pan and a knife to come out fairly clean. Do not over bake. This will continue to cook while it sets to cool.
- Portion into 12 equal slice if you want to match the nutrient information we have provided. Every APP provides slightly different macros, these are the macros we factored using the LoseIt app.
2.6 net carbs per piece Calories 169 Fat 15.8 g Carb 5.9 g Fiber 3.3 g Protein 3.7 g Sodium 162.9 mg 1 serving from 12 equal pieces