Chocolate Chip Cookies
Fresh out of the oven, these cookies are soft, chewy, and gooey! Just the way they should be. Let them sit overnight and now you have a crunchy, soft chocolate chip cookie. A great balance of textures to fit most any chocolate chip cookie lover! Perfect with a nice, tall glass of unsweetened vanilla almond milk!
- 2 cups almond flour blanched, fine
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1/2 cup Swerve, powdered
- 1/2 cup Swerve, brown
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt fine ground
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips Lily's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for low altitude and 370 degrees F for high altitude
- In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients (flours, psyllium husk, serve sweeteners, gelatin, baking powder, and sea salt)
- In a small mixing bowl combine wet ingredients (melted butter, slightly cooled, don't cook your eggs, same for coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla)
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not overbeat. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Form into 13 cookies shapes. Place each cookie onto a parchment, silicone mat, or greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approx. 12-15 minutes. You want them just very lightly browned. Remember they will continue to cook for a few minutes after being removed from the oven. Do not overbake.
If you make 13 fairly-evenly sized cookies, each cookie will be just 2.8 g net carbs! We do not count the carbs from Swerve as it is a sugar alcohol with zero effect on blood sugars and has zero net carbs. If you are counting total carbs then these cookies will probably not fit your macros. Simply add the Swerve carbs into the information we have provided. Click the ingredient, when a link is available, to see the brand we used for our recipe. We have not made this recipe with any substitutions and cannot answer if certain substitutions would work. If you do use a substitute, whether it works or not, please come back and comment so others will know what will and will not work. Your time would be greatly appreciated. Huge thank you to Keto Connect for the idea of adding unflavored gelatin to a cookie recipe to help make them chewy. We most definitely used their tip for this recipe. Did you make our recipe? Let us know your thoughts, good or bad, we would love to hear from you.
Looking for the adorable little shot glasses shown in the photo? You can purchase them through Amazon by following this link: https://amzn.to/2tezHLA