Keto Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
While many may consider this a wonderful breakfast, we actually love this for dinner! Breakfast for dinner, brilliant, right?! You can make the biscuits earlier in the day or even the day before. That makes this a super-quick breakfast, lunch, or dinner to whip up. Especially when time is an issue. Don't forget to serve them with a batch of creamy-cheesy scrambled eggs!
- 1 lb breakfast sausage Beeler's
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Make a batch of our Keto Angel Biscuits (we did not include this in the prep or cooking time because you can make these ahead of time).
- In a pan cook sausage until done and break into pieces with a spatula as it cooks.
- Remove sausage from pan, leave the oil from the sausage in the pan.
- Place remaining ingredients in the pan with the oil from the sausage. Using a whisk, slowly and gently stir gravy until cream cheese has melted and it is well combined. Allow to simmer for about 5-6 minutes (do not boil, just a light simmer, about on medium heat), whisk frequently to prevent the mixture from burning/scorching on the bottom.
- Add sausage to the gravy and stir and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot over our Keto Angel Biscuits and we hope you enjoy!
Please be EXTRA CAREFUL when picking out your ground breakfast sausage as the majority of them contain, add sugar. Check the ingredients and the carb count. We use Beeler's brand breakfast sausage, zero added sugar, zero carbs! The macros are only for the sausage gravy. If you use it on one of our Keto Angel Biscuit's you can add in the macros listed from that recipe (1 biscuit is just 4.3 net carbs [9.2 carbs and 4.9 fiber] see the recipe page for the remaining macros here). So with the gravy and biscuit, your total net carbs would be just 4.5 g! Throw in some creamy-cheesy scrambled eggs, which would not add any more carbs, and you have a breakfast, lunch, brunch, dinner of champions!