Keto Angel Biscuits
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
Cut in Butter
- 1 cup cold butter one stick
- Combine heavy whipping cream with vinegar, stir to mix, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar (do not worry about the sugar, the yeast feeds on the sugar and none remains, yes, this is a proven, scientific fact) with warm water, stir to dissolve sugar, add yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add cream mixture to the yeast mixture, stir gently, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients EXCEPT BUTTER. Use a pastry cutter to cut butter into the flour mixture; continue to cut in until flour mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add cream/yeast mixture and combine until it forms a sticky dough ball.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Oil your clean hands and dig in. Try not to handle the dough too much. Just enough to form the biscuits. For this batch I made 15 biscuits, see photo.
- Place biscuits on parchment paper. I was able to place 6 per baking sheet. Cover with a towel and let sit in a warm place for one hour. These biscuits will not rise much but this process helps keep them soft.
- When there are about 10 minutes remaining, preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 10-15 minutes (ours took exactly 12 minutes each batch), until lightly browned, be careful as they go from light-med brown to dark brown pretty quick. Pull from oven and brush with butter (optional).